US Autism & Asperger Association offers an Educational Training program. The curriculum is uniquely tailored to schools, (similar to the USCAP program, but directed more towards the needs for K-12.
While each program is uniquely tailored, a list of the most commonly covered topics follows:
- Continuums of Autism: Cognition, Sensory Processing, and Behavior
- Critical Health and Wellness Challenges and Interventions in ASD
- Comprehensive Treatment Programs
- Developmental Therapies
- Techniques and Therapies
- Gifted and Talented and Twice-Exceptional
- Team Training
- Problem Solving
- Case Analysis
- Program Evaluation
- Turning Obstacles Into Opportunities
- The Positive Self-Advocate
- IEP and 504 plans
- Bridging the Gap: Administrators and Teachers
- Preparing for the Future: Transitioning to Life After School
- Technology - iPads to Augmentative Devices
- Program Implementation
The goals for this program are set by the individual schools. The specific Measurable Objectives and Learning Outcomes, as well as a detailed curriculum, may be obtained by contacting USAAA.
Contact us to discuss a program or workshop for your school that incorporates topics that are specifically designed to your needs.